She started by going to music
school to study cello at her very early age and then modern organ.
She took part in many local and national competitions:
- Salle PLEYEL, Paris (1978), 3rd National Prize in Classical Music
- SACEM Auditorium, Paris (1980), 1rst National Prize in the Classical
Music category again with Aram KHATCHATURIAN’s «Sabre Dance»
Then for a few years, she taught modern organ
and studied liturgical organ. She discovered Jazz through Miles
DAVIS, Ella FITZGERALD, Helen MERRILL, Charlie PARKER, Bill EVANS
and decided to turn to singing.
- Creates her first Jazz Quartet Meets singer
Frida BOCCARA (1969 Eurovision winner) with whom she studies stage
- Appears in several TV shows on channel
France 2 (Pascal Sevran Show)
Creates a new jazz band, the «BLUE NIGHT BIRDS» in the Swing style
of the 40’s and 50’s.
- Meets singer Dee Dee BRIDGEWATER and sings duets with pianist BERNARD
MAURY and bassist Luigi TRUSSARDI.
Opening act for a Dee Dee BRIDGEWATER concert.
- Co-produces the Blue Night Birds CD "AIRMAIL
SPECIAL" positively welcomed by the Press.
- Meets vibraphone player Dany DORIZ, (Caveau de la Huchette’s and
Slow Club’s General Manager) who then has hired her regularly.
2000 – 2004
- Meets conductor and trumpeter Jean-Loup
LONGNON with whom she works in his new band France Telecom 2002 winner
at the "Swing à Langourla" Festival.
- One of the 3 finalists of the 2004 INTERNATIONAL VOCAL JAZZ REVELATIONS
- First CD under her own name «OPUS ONE»,
american jazz standards, all arranged by Stan LAFFERIERE, well received
by the critics (Jazz Hot Magazine/ supp. N°616)
- Hired for 2 months in the Middle-East (Kingdom
of Bahrain) for a whole series of jazz concerts in Manama.
- Appears in the Jean-Loup LONGNON trumpeter’s album with his Quintet.
- As a "Vocal Coach", Christelle teaches individually and in groups.
- Invited by the BAD BOYS BIG BAND (B4), regularly at the Lionel Hampton
- - Jazz Club (Paris) and sings the Diane SCHUUR repertoire with Count
- Tour in Africa : Sénégal (Dakar, St Louis), Gambie (Banjul)
- Hired to perform from 2002 to 2012 at the FOUR SEASONS GEORGE V
- New Album «THE MAESTRO(S)» : with fabulous
and famous pianist Dado MORONI, special guests, Michel ROSCIGLIONE
& Philippe SOIRAT, recordings dated may 2010. She met for the occasion
great jazz singer /pianist BEN SIDRAN who enjoyed her new version
of his own composition « piano players ». This album is unanimously
welcomed by specialized Press.
- Regularly accompanied by the great French
pianist Alain JEAN MARIE.
- Musical encounter with the famous French accordionist ‘ Marcel AZZOLA’
in a festival , invited by the great Dany DORIZ band.
- Invited by italian saxophonist Renato D'AIELLO for a series of concerts
in July, and especially at the RONNIE SCOTT’s in London.
- New Album « CHRYSALIDE » (Mildo Productions
Label) : French originals songs (between jazz and French songs) except
« Chrysalis », sung in English.
Some References / Jazz Clubs :
Sunset, Duc des Lombards, Petit Journal Montparnasse,
Caveau de la Huchette etc. Festivals or concerts in France and abroad
: Juan les Pins « jazz contest » , Belgium « music village in Bruxelles
» , Israel « Tel Aviv Opera », England « Ronnie Scott’s in London